Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to a new school year. I know this year families might face anxiety over sending their children back to school. Let me tell you what will be happening here at Cresson Elementary School to protect everyone within our community.
- Students will return to school with an in-person learning plan. We will maintain our Monday through Thursday schedule from 7:50 am to 4:00pm.
- All staff and students will be screened daily for COVID symptoms.
- All staff and students will wear masks in common areas. While in cohorts, grade level groups, teachers may decide if there is enough social distance to remove masks. Masks will not be worn outside at cohort recess or cohort outdoor classes.
- Water fountains will not be accessible. Please send a water bottle.
- Students will not be allowed to bring toys.
- All students will enter through the B Street entrance in the mornings unless tardy. Tardy students must be checked in at the front office on the C Street side of the building.
- Buses will arrive between 7:30 and 7:35.
- Students will exit the buses and be screened before entering the playground area.
- To protect our students and staff, no one except students may enter the playground area.
- Parents may drop their students off at the B Street parking lot entrance to the playground from a “Kiss and Go” line only beginning at 7:35. It may be easier to approach the line from C Street.
- Only parents of Early Head Start students (infants and toddlers) may park.
- Extensive cleanings will take place through-out the day and every evening in the building and on the grounds.
- Students will only interact with their grade level peers each day while in the building.
- Many classes may take place outside in the fresh air.
- Dismissal times are staggered beginning at 3:50 to allow for social distancing. Teachers will inform families of release times.
- We’re sorry, but parents must wait in the “Kiss and Go” line or in the parking lot to pick up their children.
Cresson will hold an Open House on Tuesday, August 18th from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Families are encouraged to attend to meet the teachers and principal. There will be a brief introduction to the staff and new year at 4:00 pm. All attendees will need to wear a mask and be screened to enter the building.
We appreciate your cooperation, respect, and grace while we navigate these changes. We are looking forward to seeing our students after the long absence from our building.