As we approach our first home basketball game in what will be a very unique season I wanted to outline the requirements and guidelines that need to be followed in order to allow fans and spectators to attend games this winter. Please keep in mind that these are not the school districts requirements or guidelines but rather a combined list from both CHSAA (Colorado High School Activities Association), the state and Teller County Health.
Game day management for teams
- Masks must be worn at all times when in the school and gym
- Players are required to wear masks while playing
- Use of lockers rooms will be permitted with a limit of up to 7 at a time
- Players and coaches must wear masks on the sidelines
- Players and coaches must maintain social distancing (6’ apart) on the sidelines
- Players must have their own water bottle
- No handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps or elbow bumps before, during or after the game
- Athletes and coaches must remain separated from spectators during the game
- Cheer team may perform on sidelines and maintain social distancing (6’ apart) when performing
- Cheerleaders must wear masks at all times
- Half time on floor cheers are permitted once both teams have exited the floor
- Hand sanitizer will be available on sidelines
- No post game gathering of players, parents, fans or spectators
- No half time warm up
- All players, coaches, game day workers and officials must exit the gym during halftime
- All participants must be temperature checked and pass COVID screening
Fans and spectators
- 50 spectators will be allowed to attend the game (this number does not included the players, cheerleaders, coaches, team managers, game day workers or officials for a specific game).
- CCV and visiting teams watching the opposite game count toward the 50 i.e. both boys teams players, coaches and managers attending the girls game will count toward the 50 allowable in the gym
- Fans and spectators must maintain social distancing in the bleachers (6’ apart) by sitting in non marked seats
- Student athletes for each game will be given colored wristbands that they can hand out to family, friends, etc…( quantity will be determined based on team counts)
- To gain admittance to a game the correct colored wristband must be presented at the gate
- In order to be admitted to the game fans and spectators must pass a temperature check and COVID screening
- Fans and spectators must leave immediately at the conclusion of the game
Gate and concessions
- Concessions will be permitted
- COVID screening must take place prior to admission (this includes a temperature check and COVID questionnaire)
- Extra masks and gloves will be provided at the gate
- Hand sanitizer will be provide at the gate
- Cash will be accepted at gate and concessions
- Workers at gate and concessions must wear masks and gloves
I realize there is a lot here to digest and that this is far from the norm that we are accustom to when it comes to attending sporting events however, if we want to continue to host home games for our student athletes, school district and communitythese are the guidelines and requirements that will need to be followed.
The only way we will pull this off is by working as a team to meet the above requirements and guidelines that have been handed down to us by both CHSAA, the state and the county.
Our student athletes are extremely excited to be participating in winter sports so let’s pull together and make this happen for them!!
If you have any questions I can be reached by email at email@example.com