Newmont Mining Corporation & CCV Steering Committee
Grant Committee Procedures
The Newmont Mining Corporation & CCV Steering Grant Committee will consist of three to five Cripple Creek/Victor School District staff members.
Criteria for Application Approval
- The project is located in the communities in which Newmont is located (primarily Cripple Creek and Victor). If the project extends to other communities, consideration may be given.
- The project will enhance at least one of the following for students, staff and/or community: Academics, Health, Extra-Curricular opportunities.
- The recipients have demonstrated an ability to help themselves or have provided evidence of their efforts.
- Groups who represent their school and community at recognized local, state, national or international events and competitions will be given consideration.
- The project is not a commercial or business venture.
- All projects seeking funds must obtain building administration approval
Criteria for Application Denial
- The project will not provide any local benefit.
- The assistance requested is to be used to clear/help clear a debt.
- The request is for an individual pursuit.
- The project has been previously funded within the last two school years
Procedure for Granting of Donations
Based on a $20,000 budget
Newmont/ CCV Grant applications will be posted on the CCV website with application deadlines and notification dates.
The Committee is not required to award all grant funds in one school year and has been given authority to carry over funds into the next fiscal year should no projects warrant funding.
Committee members will receive, in advance of meetings, the applications meeting the criteria for consideration. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision or request for an interview within 14 business days of the meeting.
If your grant request is funded, release of funds will be contingent upon a meeting with the committee chair regarding dispersal of funds.
All funded projects are required to produce impact statements and a thank you note of appreciation. Pictures and videos would also be appreciated.
All Newmont funds will be deposited in a CCV Special Revenue Account which is subject to an annual audit. Funding then will be forwarded to the appropriate project. For some projects, ordering of item(s) awarded will be processed through CCV’s Financial Specialist.
Copies of all documentation including the application, supporting documents, check requests, checks, and written correspondence will be maintained by the Steering Committee.
Yearly reports will be provided to Newmont.
Previous years’ grants have supported
Student Testing Incentives
6th Grade HighTrails Camp
Missoula Children’s Theater
STEM & Mineral Activities