The state of Colorado has 23 teams currently playing six-man football, with the majority of teams being from small towns located in eastern Colorado.
American six-man is played on an 80-yard-long by 40-yard-wide field. Furthermore, in order to proceed to a first down, the team must progress 15 yards, instead of your standard 10.
All six players are eligible to be receivers. On offense, three linemen are required on the line of scrimmage at the start of the play. The player to whom the ball is snapped cannot advance the ball past the line of scrimmage (thus eliminating such plays as the bootleg or scramble); however, if the ball is tossed to another player, that player can run or throw the ball and the player to whom the ball was snapped is still an eligible receiver.
Below you will find the 2020 Pioneers football schedule and the PDF for the COVID-19 guidelines. Game dates and times are subject to change due to a statewide official shortage. We will update the schedule when we know of changes.
- Friday Oct 9th – High School/Home/Cheraw-
- Final Score Cheraw 59- CC-V 0
- Friday Oct 16th – Middle School/Away/Mountain Valley
- Friday Oct 16th – High School/Away/Mountain Valley
- Friday Oct 16th- High School/Away/Miami-Yoder
- Final Score Buffalos 53-Pioneers 25
- Friday Oct 23rd – Middle School/Home/LaVeta/11am start
- Homecoming/Senior/ Parent Game Friday Oct 23rd – High School/Home/LaVeta/1pm start
- Friday Oct 30th – Middle School/Away/Cotopaxi/5pm start
- Friday Oct 30th – High School/Away/Cotopaxi/7pm start
- Saturday Nov 7th – Middle School/Home/Sierra Grande/10am start
- Saturday Nov 7th – High School/Home/ Sierra Grande /1pm start
- Friday Nov 13th – High School/Away/Granada/2pm start
- Friday Nov 20th- Middle School/Home/ Mountain Valley/ 11am start
- Friday Nov 20th – High School/ Home/Mountain Valley/1pm start